"My PIN number to this day is my second grade best friend's birthday. There are people I don't talk to anymore whose families are still in my prayers. There are shirts I wear to bed from exes of 8 years ago who are married now with kids. And I haven't found a macaroni salad recipe better than my college boyfriend's moms'. Our lives are made up of so many people and when people become parts of our lives, some parts remain long after they leave. And in the same exact way, it's comforting to know there are so many lives you're still a part of that you have no idea about.
I make my ramen the way a friend taught me in eleventh grade. Every fall, I listen to a playlist made for me by a boy I drove across a border to hook up with. I eat sushi because a girl who won't talk to me anymore made me try it, and Indian food because my best friend's parents ordered for me before I knew what I liked. There are movies I love because someone I loved loved them first. I am a mosaic of everyone I've ever loved, even for a heartbeat."
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário